Degrassi Community High School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Degrassi Community High School

Here you can roleplay as your favorite character, or you can make up your own.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Midnight. Escape. Now.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunnicula
Admin
Bunnicula

Awesomeness : 5

Midnight.  Escape.  Now. Empty
PostSubject: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Midnight. The blackness vacuuming him into the deep, dark depths of death. He will probably -- and most likely -- go to hell for faking suicide. His now ex-girlfriend will never want him again, so he writes a note, announcing his plan.

Anna,
I'm dead now. Dead to everyone. Every single person, but myself. I will change my name and my image. Never to be Wesley Betenkamp again. I will have to move to a completely new city
--

He scraps the piece of paper, crumpling it and ripping it, burning with fury and rage. He cannot bring himself to tell her the deadly truth -- no pun intended. Hiding the little note inside his small pocket, he clings to the notebook paper, attaching himself to it, running away from this hell of a hospital. On the third floor, he makes a get away out the open window, Anna, being his last look at his old life.
Back to top Go down
Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

Awesomeness : 3

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:54 pm

The night had been bittersweet for Anna; Wesley's suicide crushed her, and something else came only a few hours ago- her son, Roman Evan Jade. He was premature, and only 3 pounds. He was small, tiny, but he could easily fit in his mother's arms. Anna cried... cried in pain, in happiness, in sadness, in a sweet despair that overtook her. She had a friend with her through the birth, Jared, and he was her only support for the moment. Her parents didn't make it, her cousin didn't either. No one was there... not even Wesley, or her son's father. Looking down to the infant in her arms, Anna was emaciated and wan from her delivery. She struggled giving her son life, but it was worth it. Looking into his eyes was so surreal. He had brown eyes, like his father, but had Anna's red hair, her pale complexion, and overall her features. Maybe he would change, but it didn't matter. She loved Roman more than anything in the world.

A nurse stepped in, smiling to Anna, "Anna, do you need anything?" Anna nodded weakly, looking to the woman, holding her quiet son close, "Yes... umm... can you try to call my mother one more time?" The nurse nodded, "right away, sweetheart." With that, the woman left, leaving Anna in the room. Anna sobbed, looking out the window, feeling her tears burn her cheeks, "Wesley... I'm so sorry."

Last edited by Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunnicula
Admin
Bunnicula

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 pm

OOC: Anna doesn't know he faked it yet....

As he lands on the ground, he heard soft cries of a baby -- no way it can be Anna's. Letting go of the thought, he shakes his head, ridding himself of Wesley Betenkamp, for he will be him no more. Slinging only a light pack over my shoulder and the clothes on my back, I leave Toronto -- the dump, I once called "home."

"I'm a retarded asshole." he pulls his hoodie over his newly straightened hair. He recently had bought new contacts -- a soft green -- from his eye doctor. His clothes, recently bought, are completely unlike what he may normally wear, skinny and tight, rather than loose cargo and plaid shirts.

His pace stays constant and steady, until he feels his pockets and falls into a panic. His note -- it's missing. It must've fallen out at the hospital. What if Anna -- or worse the nurses found it?
Back to top Go down
Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Walking through the halls, Anna's nurse had found something... something essential. Dismissing her current task of contacting Anna's mom, she picked up the note and rushed back to Anna's room. "Anna... I found something that you'll want to read." The nurse handed her the note, taking Anna's son from her arms. "W-why are you taking him?" Anna looked up at the nurse, her eyes showing worry. "Trust me... you won't want to be holding him." Anna sighed, opening the note and reading it. Every word in the note crushed her... and it wasn't even finished. Just to imagine if he had finished the note... just the thought of more words tearing at her and ripping her heart apart one by one. Anna winced, feeling an unbearable pain take over her. Tears rolled down her cheeks, and her son, while in the nurse's arms, began to cry.

"Anna..." The nurse spoke softly, watching as Anna ripped up the note, throwing the tiny pieced of paper aside. "Call my mom." "Right away." The nurse hurried out after handing Roman back to Anna. Looking down to her little angel, Anna shook her head, smiling as he finally stopped crying, "It's just you and I..." She whispered softly, before hearing a click of the door.

"Annie," a familiar voice spoke to her, "I'm here to redeem myself."

Looking to the person, Anna's heart dropped. "Do you really think you deserve another chance?"

"With our son... yes." Walking over to Anna's bedside, Robert look to the pieces of paper on the floor, "what's this?"

Anna shook her head, holding her son close, "it's over with. But if you want to be in his life... you better remember one thing- you ever lay a hand on me like you used to. or on this child, I swear to fucking God I will kill you." She looked up at Robert, her eyes narrowed at him, "and, just to clarify this with you, we are not back together- we're just going to try to give him the best life."

Robert nodded, kissing Anna's forehead, "alright, Annie... I'll remember everything... and I'll never hurt either of you."

Anna couldn't look up at Robert. It was taking all she had to even let him come near their son. But maybe he had changed... maybe Roman needed some kind of father figure. But something told her that she had to still be cautious...

Everyone in my life just seem to screw me over.
Back to top Go down
Bunnicula
Admin
Bunnicula

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Migraine. He had a terrible migraine, trying to tell him something. His senses tell him something is wrong, unforgiveably wrong. I can't go back now. Not after -- his thoughts are interrupted by his instincts, forcing him to find the note.

You remember why.
No.
You're in denial, Wesley. Think.
Think about what?
Think about the eighth grade. Remember.

He is indeed in denial. A deep blackness pulling him in, self-destructing. Grade eight. What happened?

A dark curly-haired boy watched his classmates taunt another girl. He stood up for her, being the caring and sensitive guy he has always been, yet his peers shut him off after the 'incident.' After that, he became one of the three tenners and life was made a daily, living hell. No one expected him to snap, losing control.
Back to top Go down
Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:01 pm

After a while, Robert was sitting by Anna's bedside, holding their son, rocking him to sleep. Anna was watched them intently, but decided she had to do one more thing before it was all over with. Reaching for her cell phone on the nightstand, sliding out her phone keyboard, she quickly typed up a message, sending it to Wesley.

Wesley- since you think it's such a wonderful idea to fake a suicide and change the wonderful person that you were and move to a new city, go on ahead. Just never talk to me again.

Sliding her phone shut, Anna put it on the nightstand, looking back to Roman and Robert, she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down.

It's over... it's over.

Back to top Go down
Bunnicula
Admin
Bunnicula

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:35 pm

His phone, about to die, vibrates one last time. Anna.

Wesley- since you think it's such a wonderful idea to fake a suicide and change the wonderful person that you were and move to a new city, go on ahead. Just never talk to me again.

A tear sheds from his eye as he tries to stop himself from powering down his phone, not ready to face his issues. She found the note.

I'm glad you understand that I can't talk or confide in you any longer, Anna. I want you and your child to have a better life -- one not involving me. I said I was dead -- to you, everyone. You're free to date and be with whoever you choose. This is who I am -- who I've always been. A depressed kid who was isolated and torn away from his peers and sprialed into a sudden depression. I was too "weak" to commit suicide, so I ran away from my problems. I may still love you, but I hate myself and this is my punishment. Don't bother to find me. I'll be a fugitive, living off the streets.

His texts have been that long since the beginning of his teenage years. Always practically exceeding the limit. Always written in correct grammar and spelling. Always threatening something.

"Hey, kid." a scrawny man approaches him, "Try some?" he holds out some weed wrapped in metal. "Smoke it."

Wesley spirals further down into depression and poverty by taking the drug, smoking his lungs out.

Back to top Go down
Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:44 pm

Hearing her phone vibrate, Anna refused to reach for it.

"Anna?" Robert looked to her.

"Ignore it." She clicked the off button on her phone, looking back to Roman, a weak smile curving her lips. Rob nodded to her, continuing to rock their child.
Back to top Go down
Bunnicula
Admin
Bunnicula

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:50 pm

He breathes out and appreciates tha man's offering, "Thank you, sir." slowly backing away with three days worth of pot in his palms, he feels the salty, hot tears trickle down, stinging his eyes. It reminds him of fourth grade with -- what was his name?

Robert.

The boy who ruined his childhood, stole his ex-girlfriend's innocence, spilt juice on his pants, making sure Wesley "urinated" himself. This is war. Robert's going to pay.

He turns on his phone, calling Anna, but she doesn't answer. Worried and scared, he shakes and stutters, leaving a message:

"Anna. Please help me. I'm going to commit sui-- sui-- suicide for real this time and I don't want to. I'm outside the hospital and this man gave me drugs. I'm tur-- turning into a monster. I'm a dis-- dis-- disaster. Anna, I know you'll never forgive me, but--" the overdose of the pot knocks him out cold, causing him to hit the ground with a thud, his last words lost in eternity. All because of Robert.
Back to top Go down
Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:17 pm

Hearing her phone ring, she looked to it for a moment. Robert looked at her, narrowing his eyes a bit, looking at the name, "Wesley?... Why is he calling? Isn't he supposed to be dead?" Robert was there at school when Wesley committed 'suicide'.

"He isn't... he faked it... obviously." Anna shook her head.

Robert huffed a bit, "Don't get smart with me... I can't believe you dated him. He's lucky I didn't kick his ass."

"Robert, shut up." Anna narrowed her eyes at him.

"You shut up, Annaleah!" Robert yelled at her, making Roman cry.

"Robert!" Anna pulled the child away from him, "get the hell out of here! Go cool off!"

Robert stormed out, and just as he did, Anna's voice mail on her phone went off. Anna looked to her phone, hearing Wesley's voice... and his words broke her heart into a million of pieces.

"Wesley..." She couldn't help it. She couldn't fight it. She had to save him. Paging the nurse, Anna got out of bed. "Anna?" The nurse rushed in. "Take him, I have to stop someone from committing suicide." "But, Anna! You just gave birth! You can't move around!" "I don't care, I have to! Watch him for me..." Anna kissed her son, putting on her coat and rushing out in her hospital gown. Rushing through the hallways, she ignored the pain of moving.

"Anna! Where the hell are you going?" Robert looked to her as she passed him in the lobby.

Anna looked to him for a moment, rushing off still, "I'll be right back! I'm getting... food." She left the hospital, flipping open her phone. "Where could he be?..." She panicked, calling Wesley's mom... luckily she had his mother's number. Dialing the number, Anna began rushing around the city, trying to find Wesley.
Back to top Go down
Bunnicula
Admin
Bunnicula

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:31 pm

He doesn't want to die. He didn't mean to take the drugs, but he needed relief -- a way out. His head aches terribly and he, hoping to wake up with no one crowding him, blinks awake, light seeping into his eyelids. "You okay, bud?" the scrawny drug dealer bends over him, lending a hand.
"I wanted to kill myself...." the man has no words for Wesley's truthful comment, only a blank stare.

His face expresses pain as he sees a glimpse of the one person he'd rather take his life than see. His phone turned off a while ago from being almost powerless, an example of Wesley. Completely powerless.

"I hate myself." hee mutters to no one in particular, then punches the brick wall, screaming -- but not from the pain, "I make everything about me! Always. I hate you, f**king Robert."

Wesley never cusses.
Back to top Go down
Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:45 pm

After an hour or so of running constantly, Anna finally found Wesley after thinking of a plan- calling his phone and listening for his ringtone. Hearing his phone, she rushed to it, seeing Wesley and a... drug dealer? Rushing up to Wesley, Anna had tears roling down her cheeks- from physical and emotional pain. "Wesley!" She jumped to him, wrapping her arms around him, "What the hell are you thinking?!"
Back to top Go down
Bunnicula
Admin
Bunnicula

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 pm

"I was thinking...." he bit his lip at the sight of him not too far behind Anna, "of Robert and how he'd rather I not exist on this wasteland called Earth."
The scrawny man introduces himself, "I gave him weed, I admit it, then he fainted after calling someone. I'm Ron. I help you carry to hospital. Internal bleeding, most likely. " his words chop off from lack of education.
Back to top Go down
Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:50 am

Anna looked to the drug dealer, nodding, "alright, then lets hurry back there." She looked to Wesley, sighing softly. Great... this is just fucking great. Anna sighed softly, "Wesley... when we get back to the hospital.... I'm going to kill you."
Back to top Go down
Bunnicula
Admin
Bunnicula

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:57 pm

He's laid in a hospital bed, letting the nurses watch him sleep. After a few minutes of rest, a feminine voice captivates his ears. "Wesley Betenkamp. Please awake now." he shot up, his heart racing, yet his eyelids barely staying open.
"You will be going to the juvenile detention center." he wants to cry, forever, never stopping.
"You faked suicide and brought a gun into school, putting Degrassi on lockdown. You're suspended and maybe even possibly expelled." the nurse sits beside a lawyer and his parents; he doesn't know what to say.

"Wesley, we're very disappointed in you." his father looks away from his son's eyes, before willingly getting up. His mother takes a brief look at him, doing the same, leaving him all alone.

I have nothing left to live for. I should rot in jail, instead of being given a death penalty. Instead.
Back to top Go down
Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

Anna, Shawn, Vyky, Felix

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Anna had been forced to go back to her hospital room upon returning, and Robert wasn't very happy. He left as soon as she told him what happened. He was pissed... he didn't want that little 'fly' to get in between him and Anna. But as soon as Anna returned, and the moment Robert left, Anna decided to go see Wesley... with Roman. Holding her son, and once again, walking when she shouldn't have, Anna made her way to Wesley's room. She heard voices... and decided to wait until they were done talking. After a while, people began leaving, and she saw a nurse, a lawyer, and Wesley's parents. Anna lowered her head, feeling ashamed to be in their presence. She loved Wesley's parents, but... she was holding her child- a bastard child, as they would call in way back when. Anna lowered her head, walking into the room, seeing Wesley laying on the bed.

"Wesley..." She whispered to him, her eyes fixed on her son, "I figured that you wanted to meet him..." She spoke to Wesley, sitting on a chair next to his bed. She felt tears falling down her cheeks, splashing onto Roman's soft baby skin. Roman was smiling as he looked at Wesley. "I think... I think he likes you, Wesley. He keeps looking at you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight. Escape. Now.   Midnight.  Escape.  Now. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midnight. Escape. Now.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Degrassi Community High School :: Outside of Degrassi :: Hospital-
Jump to: